Monday, August 24, 2015

Confession!

I broke my own rule of not buying something just because I had a coupon for it and a rebate...and I was punished for it!
For added insult to injury, I also had to go to Wal-Mart to accomplish this sin. The store was a zoo and the shelves were hardly stocked, I was able to find my few items and when I got up to the register realized I left my wallet in my yoga bag...at home. ARG! So when I finally got back to the store, I had to go to customer service to retrieve my items, where I was complimented on my coupon/money saving skills by the person behind me :-)

Here's what I got:

Simple facial wipes $4.96
St. Ives apricot scrub $3.87
(3) Gillette disposable razor 2 packs $1.97 each
1 box of Chex clusters $3.68
Retail total: $18.42
Coupon break down:
$3 off 2 Unilever products (face stuff)
$3 off Gillette disposable razors (3 coupons)
$1 off Chex clusters cereal
 = $13 total coupons

$5.42 out of pocket!!!

I'll also get back $3.75 from Checkout 51 (why I needed to go to Wal-Mart)
 but I just cashed out with them so it will be a good while before I hit $20 again. The Unilever coupon expired yesterday too, which was why I had to go back the same day. At least I went earlier in the day and didn't have a cart full of groceries too!


If I had thought it through, I could have saved myself the trouble and gone one of the other times I was in Seabrook this weekend. And maybe I would have realized I had enough in my Ibotta account to get a $10 gift card, even though I'm saving that up for wireless headphones. Lesson learned!

No comments:

Post a Comment