Sunday, August 2, 2015

Deals for the week of 8/2/2015

This week begins my August challenge of eating on $4 a day. I will keep myself accountable by posting how much I spent on food with specific breakdowns.

Shaw's

Shaw's is having their "Huge Anniversary Sale" and has a few great deals:
~ 99cent pint blueberries, although this is peak picking time around here, if you aren't able to go to a farm and pick your own, this is a cheap alternative.
~Fresh Express salad blends 2/$3, you must buy 2 for this price
~Hefty Zip storage bags 2/$3 (there was a $1.50 off 2 in today's paper) or you can try to print this 50 cent off one coupon here, which will double, making your storage bags 50 cents! (update: this coupon didn't double for me today 8/3 but did on Saturday, so maybe try the coupon on the Hefty website or the coupon insert)
~Puffs facial tissues (the cube size) are 10 for $10, print this 25 cents off one coupon, to pay 50 cents a box.

Part of the Huge Anniversary Sale has a "buy 6 items" caveat, and some of the deals are fantastic, but just remember to buy in multiples of 6! You can mix and match items, as long as it adds up to 6, you're good! The items will ring up at their sale price and the $3 "bonus" will come off at the end of your transaction. This is a little different than how they usually run sales, so I wanted to warn you ahead of time.

~Muller corner yogurts, sale price $0.89 (after promo $0.39 each)
~Essential Everyday corn, peas, or beans, sale price (after promo $0.49each)
~Kraft salad dressing 16oz, sale price $1.49 (after promo $0.99) there was a 75 cent coupon in the 6/14 Smartsource insert, that will double and make your dressing 24 cents each! There were peelies on most of the bottles, $1 off 2, still a great deal even without coupons.
~ Birdseye Steamfresh veggies includes the new flavor full and protein blends varieties , sale price $1.99 (after promo $1.49)

There are a bunch of others, take a look at the flyer online to find your best combo. Or better yet, check out this new resource I found, she does a great job finding coupons in other places too! Deals by Darlene this link will bring you right to the Shaw's deals page.

What I bought at Shaw's:
Muller yogurt 6 0.89 $5.34
 frozen veggies 3 1.99 $5.97
 bread 1 0.99 $0.99
 Anniversary sale 1 -3.00 -$3.00
 coupons 3 -1.00 -$3.00
Total     $6.30

I haven't made it to Market Basket yet and I didn't get their flyer this week so I will update tomorrow with what I bought there!

8/3 Update: I knew Shaw's regular prices were near ridiculous and here is yet another example,HAHA!
I've been waiting for Craisins to go on sale at Shaw's because there are a bunch of 50 cent off 1 printable coupons. A regular 5oz bag is $2.99 at Shaw's. Market Basket sells them for 3 for $5, which is $1.67 and CHEAPER than the store brand! I got one bag for now and I'll stock up when I have a little more breathing room in my budget.
I forgot to grab a flyer but you can find it online. Jif peanut butter is on sale 2/$3 and so are the Hefty slider bags. There is a cereal deal with in-store, but they say that you can't combine coupons, not sure how it works.
Another great resource for the Market Basket flyer with coupon match ups is here: http://thecentsiblefamily.com/market-basket-coupon-match-ups/

Here's what I ended up buying today:
mushrooms 1 1.69 $1.69
craisins 1 1.67 $1.67
apples 1.81 0.99 $1.79
sour cream (greek yogurt) 1 3.69 $3.69
pizza 1 4.69 $4.69
canned food 2 0.67 $1.34
coupons 1 -2.50 -$2.50
   Total  $12.37



No comments:

Post a Comment